Payroll Card Terms & Conditions.
Community Trust Bank Paycheck Express Terms & Conditions Cardholder Agreement
Important Information for Payroll Card Recipient
1. Terms and Conditions. By accepting and using the Paycheck Express, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Cardholder Agreement. In this Agreement, “Card” means the Paycheck Express Payroll Debit Card issued by Community Trust Bank. “You” and “your” means the person or persons who have received the Card and are authorized to use the Card as provided for in this Agreement. “We,” “us,” and “our” mean Community Trust Bank, our successors, affiliates or assignees. You agree to sign the back of the Card immediately upon receipt. The Card will remain the property of Community Trust Bank and must be surrendered upon demand. The Card is nontransferable, and it may be canceled, repossessed, or revoked at any time without prior notice subject to applicable law. Please read this Agreement carefully and keep it for future reference.
2. Definitions. The Card is a prepaid stored value card. The Card allows you to access funds (wages, bonuses, or incentives) your employer places on the Card. The Card can be used anywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, subject to the terms of this Agreement. The Card is not connected in any way to any other account. There is no credit card, credit line, overdraft protection, deposit account or extension of credit associated with the Card. It cannot be used for a value greater than the balance on the card. No interest will be paid on the funds balance on the Card and such balances are not FDIC insured.
3. Secondary Cards. Your employer may issue a secondary Card to your spouse or other eligible designated person. Funds may be transferred from your Card to the secondary Card by calling 1-866-297-3613 or via our website.
4. Card Activation/PIN. Your Paycheck ExpressCard must be activated by calling 1-866-297-3613. You will use the last 4 digits of your social security number to activate the card. Once the card is activated you will be required to select a new 4 digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) for use with your card for PIN based transactions.
You also agree to:
- Keep your PIN in a secure location, do not record it on the Card or otherwise make it available to anyone else;
- To use the Card, the PIN at any ATM or point of sale terminal as instructed;
- To promptly notify Us of any loss or theft of Your Card or PIN; and
- To be liable for any transactions made by a person you authorize or permit to use Your Card and/or PIN. If you permit someone else to use the Card, we will treat this as if you have authorized this person to use the Card and you will be responsible for any transactions initiated by such person with the Card. (See Section 12)
5. Using Your Card.
You can use the Card to:
- Pay for purchases at merchants who display the VISA logo, and have agreed to accept the Card (‘point-of-sale” or POS transactions).
- Obtain cash from places displaying the Plus or Pulse symbol, which have agreed to provide cash-back at the point of sale. Some merchants place a limit on the amount of cash back you may receive.
- Obtain Cash Advances from Financial Institutions
- Withdraw cash at ATMs.
- Perform special transactions at ATM’s (Balance Inquiries, Card to Card transfers
- Access our on-line services to obtain account balances and review recent account history.
- Access our telephone customer support line.
- Transfer balances between Paycheck Express Cards. 6. Limitations.
- You may not add funds to your Card, only your employer can add funds.There is no limit on the number of times your employer may add funds to your Card. However, the maximum value that can be placed on your card is restricted to $10,000. For security reasons, we may limit the amount or number of transactions you can make on your Card.
- No more than $1,000 in cash per day (24 hours) may be withdrawn using the Card at an ATM. No more than five (5) ATM cash withdrawals may be made using the Card within a 24-hour period.
- When you use the Card to obtain goods or services or to obtain cash, the merchant may attempt to obtain preauthorization from the Card Account for the transaction. A three (3) day hold will be placed on the Card account for the amount of the preauthorization request. Some merchants such as restaurants, hotels & airlines may add an additional 20% to the preauthorization amount for incidentals (tips, room service etc.) The transaction will settle for the amount you signed the sales receipt for.
- You may obtain three (3) cash advances per day not to exceed $2,500
- You may use your card to purchase gasoline, however you may not use the Pay-at-the-pump feature.
- You may not make a purchase greater than the value on the Card. Overdrafts can occur if the merchant fails to get a preauthorization for the amount of the purchase. You need to know your balance before attempting to make a purchase with the Card.
- You cannot place a Stop Payment on a Card transaction.
7. Payment. Each time you use the Card, the amount of the transaction will be deducted from the balance on the Card Account. You are not allowed to exceed the funded balance available on the Card by any individual or series of purchases. Nevertheless, if you make a purchase which exceeds the balance on the Card, You shall remain fully responsible for the amount of the purchase or withdrawal which exceeded the balance available on the Card. We reserve the right to automatically deduct such overdrafts from current or future transfer of funds to the Card. You agree to immediately forward payment to us for each transaction which exceeds the available account balance on the Card.
8. Verification of Transactions. You should get a receipt at the time you make a transaction or obtain cash using your Card. You agree to retain your receipt to verify your transactions. You are entitled to receive a periodic statement of the Card Account. You agree that we may provide your periodic statement to you in electronic format for viewing online at our website.
9. Failure to Complete Transactions. We accept no liability to complete any transaction for which adequate funds have not been supplied by you according to the rules of the Card. Likewise, we accept no responsibility for funding delays that are the result of late receipt of funding payments by your employer to the Card. We are not responsible if you do not have enough money in the Card Account to complete a particular transaction. However; some merchants may allow you to split the purchases between the Card and another form of legal tender. We will not be liable to you for failure to accept or honor the Card.
10. Disputes/Returns and Refunds If you use your Card at a merchant, and a dispute with the merchant arises, you agree to make a good faith effort to settle the dispute with the merchant. Any claims concerning property or services purchased with the Card must be resolved by you directly with the merchant or seller who accepted the Card, and any claim or defense that you assert will not relieve you of your obligation to pay us the total amount of the charge. You cannot stop payment to merchants for transactions made through the use of your card. If you are entitled to a refund for any reason for goods or services obtained with the Card, You agree to accept credits to the Card Account in place of cash.
11. Foreign Transactions. If you make a transaction in currency other than US dollars, VISA will convert the charge or credit into a US dollar amount. The conversion rate will be determined under VISA regulations. The conversion rate on the processing date may differ from the rate on the date of the transactions.
12. Loss, Theft or Unauthorized Use. An unauthorized transfer means a transfer from your Card that is initiated by another person without your authority to initiate the transfer and from which you receive no benefit. The term does not include any transfer that is initiated by a person who was furnished with the Card or your PIN by you, unless you have notified us that transfers by that person are no longer authorized and we have had reasonable opportunity to act on that notification. You are responsible for all authorized uses of your Card. Applicable law and our zero liability policy may protect you from liability for unauthorized purchases. You understand that your Card is not a credit card and is not protected by laws covering credit cards such as the federal Truth in Lending Act.
- Tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen, or if you believe that an electronic fund transfer has been made without your permission using information from your Card. Telephoning is the best way to keep your possible losses down. Call us at 1-318-242-7501 Monday thru Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm, for after hours you may call 1-866-297-3613. If you fail to notify us promptly and you are negligent or fraudulent in the handling of the card, you could lose all the money on the card. If you notify us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, your liability is limited to no more than $50 if someone used your Card or PIN without your permission.
- If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or PIN, and we can prove we could have stopped someone from using your Card or PIN without your permission if you had told us, your liability could be as much as $500.00
- If your statement shows transactions that you did not make, notify us immediately. If you do not tell us within 60 days after you receive your statement or the transaction is available to you online, you may not get back any money you lost after sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If we determine that extenuating circumstances kept you from telling us, we may extend the time periods. If your card is reported lost or stolen, we will block the Card to keep losses down.The limitations described above do not apply to, and you will not be liable for any unauthorized, Signature-Based POS transaction for the purchase of goods or services (not including cash-back transactions) if you notify us within forty-eight (48) hours after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card.
- If you notify us later than forty-eight (48) hours after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card, then your liability is limited to no more than $50 in connection with the unauthorized signature-based POS transactions for the purchase of goods or services. However, if your own negligence contributes to the unauthorized use of your Card, your liability may be more than $50.
13. Right to Dispute Errors. In case of errors or questions about electronic transactions on the Card, call 1-318-242-7501 or write to Community Trust Bank, Card Services Department PO Box 1325, Ruston, La 71273 as soon as you can. Any phone dispute must be followed up in writing within 10 days. Please include your name and Card number, a description of the error or transaction in question, as well as the dollar amount of the suspected error.
Generally, we will tell you the results of our investigation within ten (10) business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to forty-five (45) calendar days to investigate your complaint or question. We will issue your Card Account provisional credit pending the outcome of our investigation. If we decide there was no error, we will revoke the provisional credit and send you a written explanation within three (3) business days, after we finish our investigation.
14. Zero Liability. Excluded transactions. This policy does not apply to any unauthorized electronic fund transaction that does not involve the use of the Card. “Unauthorized” is considered a transaction that is initiated by someone other than you and you receive no benefit from the transaction. A transaction is not considered unauthorized if you furnish the Card or PIN to another person or if we conclude that the facts and circumstances do not reasonably support a claim of unauthorized use. Reasonable time will be determined in our sole discretion based on the circumstances but in no event will be less than the timeframes specified under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act or Regulation E. Unless otherwise provided by law, our liability under this policy is limited to reimbursing customers for the face amount of any unauthorized transaction subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, and we shall not be liable for any claims of special, indirect or consequential damages.
15. Contact Information and Business Days. Call us at 1-866-297-3613 or 1-318-242-7501 or write us at Community Trust Bank, Attn: Card Services Department PO Box 1325, Ruston, La 71273. Web site address is https://www2.consumercardaccess.com/ctbpayroll Our business days are Monday through Friday. Federal Holidays are not included.
17. Stop payments and preauthorized transactions. You understand and agree that payments may not be stopped on any individual transaction using the Card.
18. Amendment/Cancellation. We may at any time change or repeal these terms and conditions. We may cancel or suspend this agreement or any features or services of the Card described herein at any time. The Card remains our property. We may cancel your right to use the Card at any time. You may cancel this agreement by returning the Card to us.
19. Service Charges. You agree that the following fees apply to the Card account and may be charged to the Card account (as specified below for each fee). You authorize us to deduct the charge from the Card account.
|ATM Withdrawal On-Us||No Charge|
|ATM Withdrawal Foreign||$1.00 (6 free per funds load)|
|ATM Withdrawal National||$2.00 (6 free per funds load)|
|ATM Withdrawal International||$2.00|
|ATM Balance Inquiry On-Us||No Charge|
|ATM Balance Inquiry Foreign||$1.00 (6 free per funds load)|
|ATM Balance Inquiry National||$1.00 (6 free per funds load)|
|ATM Balance Inquiry International||$1.00|
|Pinned POS Transaction||No Charge|
|Overdraft Fee||No Charge|
|Card Replacement Fee||$10.95|
|Card Reissue Fee||$10.95|
|ATM Card-to-Card transfer||$1.95 (6 free per funds load)|
|CMS Card-to-Card transfer||$1.95 (3 free per funds load)|
|Paper Statement Fee||No Charge|
|Inactivity Fee||$2.50 (beginning after 6 months of Inactivity|